Tuesdays Meeting

cstone

Tuesdays Meeting

Post by cstone » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:51 pm

Thanks to everyone who dived into last night the meeting. It was not the easiest of starts and I think we may have broken Ben's internet connection having so many people logged on but we got there eventually and it was good to see people learning the tech.

Open to suggestions on what to do for the next meeting but anyone who is still having issues connecting and needs help then drops an email to boltonastro@gmail.com and see what we can arrange.

BradyBunch.jpg
BradyBunch.jpg (146.94 KiB) Viewed 5941 times

cstone

Re: Tuesdays Meeting

Post by cstone » Tue May 05, 2020 4:10 pm

Just to confirm about tonight's meeting it's going to be online again and will be a general get together. Any topic open for dicussions

rwilkinson

Post by rwilkinson » Wed May 06, 2020 9:24 am

I enjoyed last night's session, particularly Billy's tour of his sliding-roof observatory and the workshop where he makes his telescopes. 8-)

cstone

Post by cstone » Wed May 06, 2020 11:15 am

I enjoyed last night's session, particularly Billy's tour of his sliding-roof observatory and the workshop where he makes his telescopes. 8-)
Agreed I think Bill's tour was the highlight of the week 8-). Again thanks to those who attended and contributed.

bbones

Post by bbones » Wed May 06, 2020 11:44 am

Yeah, have to agree Bill's tour was brilliant. The Sony Camera description was also interesting as I was thinking of getting one but the lack of remote triggering has put me off and I'm never too sure who to trust on Ebay.

I might even purchase SparkoCam but not use the gimmicks, just the camera zoom and green screen as it looks like we will be meeting this way for some time to come.

Well done to all who took part

Bill
SkyWatcher HEQ5
SkyWatcher 80ED Apro
Sky-Watcher Skymax-127 SynScan AZ GOTO
Canon 600D Modified
Orion G3

cstone

Post by cstone » Sat May 16, 2020 9:53 am

Unfortunately, Dr. Keith Robinson was not willing to participate and give his talk over the web. So Tuesday's meeting will be another get-together, however, I have found an online game we can play, relevant to space, and challenging. You will only need your computer and a browser

The link for the game will be given online at 7:30.

Cheers

Carl